Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Night comes early

Early this morning I woke up to find that I had been denied access to my e-mail account, which was probably due, the message said, to a violation of their access terms. I wrote to google mail, giving another e-mail address I keep for school purposes, to dispute the charge.

Then I tried to open my blog, only to find that it had been shut down, also due to a violation of terms. I disputed this claim too, and began to wonder if something was up with google.

It was a message I had seen on other blogs, and I decided there are worse things that can happen in this world than losing your blog in cyberspace, so I let it go so that I could get ready for work. It worried me a little bit about the e-mail account, and if I hadn’t been through what I’ve been through the past couple of months, I probably would have gotten more upset.

But I wasn’t too upset. Because in the scheme of things, it was probably fixable.

And by the time I got to work, it was fixed, with a sincere apology from the google team.

 

DSC_0505 copy 2

Thanks to all who wrote me this morning asking if there was anything wrong. You were so sweet to do that. But all is well.

And it’s nearly dark when I get home from work now. And today, the almost-full moon was coming up as I took a walk with one of my favorite guys.

 

DSC_0508 copy 2

These were taken before 5 pm.

I love this weather. I adore fall days.

 

DSC_0510 copy 2

Autumn is my favorite season, second to spring.

Today was the first day that I was not only back to work full-time, but that I did not come home for lunch to be with my husband. I started back to work full-time last Friday and have been coming home at lunchtime to visit my husband who is recuperating well from his last brain surgery. He’s just really sad, and he’s lonely. And he loves it when I’m home.

Today when I got there, I saw a box from REI waiting on the table. My husband had ordered a couple of things and was waiting to show me what he’d bought.

Somebody got a new frisbee.

 

DSC_0518 copy 2

It’s a really nice one and it soars really well (even when I toss it).

 

DSC_0519 copy 2

And there was a hat for my husband.

And a pair of pajama bottoms for me. They’re very cute, winter flannel ones. And they looked . . . well, they looked . . . shall we say . . . a bit on the large size.

I checked the size and it said XXL.

 

DSC_0526 copy 2

OMG, I thought. Does he really think I’m XXL?

And so I asked him about the size. He said he was looking for an L. And he thought they were extra LL. I don’t really know what he said to explain it, and it didn’t matter anyway.

What mattered was that he bought himself a hat. And he also got each of us a little present. And that was kind of sweet, actually.

 

DSC_0529 copy 2

Just like this weather.

It’s kind of sweet, actually ~

Gotta go. Survivor’s on.

Until tomorrow, my friends . . .

123 Signature

40 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad to have you and your blog back! (-:

Donna S. said...

Some twists & turns on Survivor tonight, huh?

Well, I have to say I have things from M to XL. You never know!! It was a sweet gesture. Hope he is feeling better & more like himself each day.

tina said...

Glad your blog was recovered. I agree with Donna S. I have clothes in every size in my closet. Why can the clothing companies agree that a large is a large across the board,lol?

Christie - Fine Lines said...

Thanks for sharing what happened with Blogger/Google. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it is good to know these things. In case it does happen to me, I'll know better what to do because of your experience:)

Sharon said...

Glad you were not deleted by google. I have read the stories and begun to shy away from them. Love that your husband thought of you. Though he needs to get better and get outside and stay away from online ordering. ;)

Unknown said...

sometimes, living in the moment, one day at a time. brings perspective to our lives....each moment a treasure.....smiles.

JC said...

It's the little things that are important.

I don't like that it's dark so early but the moon lately has been very bright.

I hope your H continues to improve. When I first came home after being in my coma, it took quite a while til I could fill my day. I'm really good at writing out a list. That seems to help me. Reminds me of things that I can do. It might work for him.

Cloudia said...

oh glad it worked out!

I adore Fall, George, and this post :-)



Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I think it's sweet that he bought everyone a present.

Life has a way of putting everything in the proper perspective. Sometimes it's a painful trip getting there but I believe it's a valuable ride.

Deb said...

I'm so happy it all worked out for you....nice photos...

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Welcome back. It's good to keep things in perspective, but it's also hard to feel out of touch. So glad they got it fixed pretty quickly.

And presents! I'm thinking I need some new pajama pants too and there are always so many cute ones.

ELK said...

wonder filled series ... i can tell George loves it too!!

Bluebird49 said...

I'm glad to see you back--and I love what CBW said. And of course, I think it's so sweet (and okay-maybe a little quirky) that your hubby ordered a gift for you that won't fit! Just remember--bigger is usually better than too small...
(they say, anyway.)
Um..or you could exchange them for the right size.
I'm sorry he is sad you have to work, Kate--but I know you gotta do it.

Caroline said...

So glad to see this post. I figured it was a weird Google hiccup...that happened to me a few months back. You had great perspective...in the whole scheme of things its no big deal...and totally fixable. Love the fall colors you captured...just gorgeous. And the pi's...best to just let that slide...lol.

Kerri Farley said...

Very sweet!! And I LOVE your Autumn images!!

tj said...

...Wow. CBW's comment hit the proverbial nail square on the head! She knows some stuff. ;o)

...That is sweet that Country Boy bought each of you a gift, that is so thoughtful. And don't take the size thing to heart, men can't estimate women's sizes or age. You could always exchange 'em, have 'em tailored by a local seamstress or maybe wash 'em in hot water, no?

...Gorgeous photos Kate. *swoons* :o)

...Enjoy your day!

...Blessings

Hilary said...

This weather is sweet, so unexpected, like a gift you didn't know was coming....Roy and I are out walking in it every chance we get...headache or no headache.

Nurse Nancy said...

So glad that things are moving in the right direction. It is always nice to get an unexpected treat!

The JR said...

Loose is good. They'll be comfy. By the time you wash them a few times, it'll work out!

Anonymous said...

Have never had the pleasure of losing my blog.. LOL... Glad yours found it's way back home.

Hilary said...

This whole post is kind of sweet, actually. I'm glad your blog was restored before very long. George looks happy with his new frisbee,

Jeannelle said...

Autumn keeps hanging around for photos. Nice shots! I like the ground-level leaf scene.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, autumn is so photogenic I always think.

It happened to me, too. I was getting silly messages that I didn't understand and it came down to it that Google had listed the link in my Twitter button in my side bar, as a dodgy link so they wouldn't open my blog. Very frustrating, but I suppose they were being extra cautious.

Not sure about the email however.
CJ xx

Daryl said...

Oh those silly Google Blogger people ... and you are so right .. things like email and blog issues are so get overable ... perspective .. its all about perspective .. as is that photo where you clearly on the ground .. and the moon will be full tonite .. of course the sky will also likely be overcast here ................

Gayle said...

Love knowing that dh is on the mend. Little gifts are so precious, even if they are XXL, what a dear man for thinking of you and acting on it. Glad your blog is not lost.

Love your autumn photos. Have a lovely weekend.

abb said...

I leave work at 3:15. Yesterday when I got home, I saw that it was dark enough that my car lights had come on. Much as I adore fall, I really don't like the early darkness.

Cait O'Connor said...

Lovely autumn pics and gorgeous dog. I love autumn and spring too.

GailO said...

Things like new hats, Frisbees, and over sized pjs are SO much more important than google and blogger...

I am loving this early full moon along with the warm weather we have been having...and your pictures of it!

Mental P Mama said...

At the rate I'm going, you can just send those jammies up here;)

Reena said...

I'm so late today! I'm with Lauren .. you can send them my way! But it was sweet he had done that ... a gift for all! Love how you told the story with the photos.

Ellen said...

Such beautiful pictures of late day fall at your house. Sounds like your husband is doing well. How is he adjusting to the shorter days?

I really dislike the change of time - can't sleep!

Anonymous said...

Gifts are always so wonderful to receive - even in the wrong size. Just don't grow into them! LOL I too am going to work in the dark and coming home as the moon rises. Unfortunately I'm not getting home early enough to get some photos in so that will have to wait until the weekend - along with artisan bread baking. Hope yours in peaceful.

Jill of All Trades said...

I would be in hysterics if my email or blog was blocked like that!!!! I'm absolutely addicted to my email.

Our fall colors here in NE Oklahoma have been the prettiest that I have ever seen this year. Totally out does all we saw on our New England trip last month for sure. Carla

Candace said...

I'm sorry your husband is feeling sad and lonely. Hopefully, this will pass very soon.

mrs mediocrity said...

I went for a walk yesterday afternoon too, right around the same time. We were both taking pictures of the moon at the same time.
And it is kind of sweet...even if he did mess up on the size :)

Mary said...

Oh, your moon photos are absolutely beautiful! And I do love a good get-down-on-the-ground image. too. ;)

Have a happy weekend, dear Kate! xoxo

beth said...

that whole google thing is a bit scary. it's great to know THEY fixed it.

these night photos are so great.....i love the moon.

and the story about the flannel bottoms.....so cute. like you said, it doesn't matter....it's truly the thought that counts this time.

xoxoox

Jan's camera said...

Hi, glad to hear all is well with the blog. That must have been a bit disturbing. I hope George is enjoying his new toy. And yes, I agree, Fall is wonderful but I love Spring the best also.

Maria said...

Your husband bought a box of presents and waited for you to get home to open them but cutest of all, he bought you pj bottoms that are comfortably big...(um, probably too big, but still!). That is about the cutest darn thing I have ever heard.

Btw-your fall landscape is gor geous.

Lili said...

I tell you Kate, your posts are all just really good for the soul. Loved this. xo ~Lili