Sunday, November 13, 2011

More phone photography, and a contest elsewhere

Maybe you’re thinking, “enough already” with the camera phone pictures, but I’m finding it extraordinarily easy to carry this little device rather than lugging around the big D80. So during a couple of my walks this weekend, I popped the phone into one of my pockets and off I went with the hiking poles and the dog.

The leaves lasted a good long time this fall, and it wasn’t until Friday that we really began to see a difference in the view. It’s beautiful when the wind blows because it rains fluttering leaves from above.

 

1321116699699 copy 2

For most of these, I used my current favorite photo app for the Droid, Be Funky. If any of you know of other apps we might like, feel free to shout it out in the comment section.

 

1321116476911 copy 2

I used Photoshop on some of these, and spent part of Saturday afternoon fooling around with pictures. Always a fun way to spend some time, as far as I’m concerned.

 

1321117188830 copy 2

The phone doesn’t do a half-bad job at capturing things.

 

1321116782811 copy 2

I love crunching through the leaves.

 

1321117488329 copy 2

The path is actually under this pile of leaves. It was nearly up to my knees, as it runs right next to a wooded area.

 

1321116426820 copy 2

I bought pillows on sale at the Pottery Barn, and am using them on the dog’s couch. I don’t know what else to call this couch because the main occupant of it is a border collie named George – who now has brand new pillows.

With goose down.

Nothing but the best for George.

 

1321207710012 copy 2

 

 

1321207738750 copy 2

 

 

1321207773750 copy 2

 

1321207885373 copy 2

All in all, it was a beautiful weekend.

 

And someone is very tired tonight.

 

2011-11-12_16-52-01_90 copy 2

I read about a contest for phone photography on a blog I visit. It runs through the month of December and anyone can enter – all you need is a camera phone and a Flickr account. You may submit up to 3 photos per week, giving you more chances of winning. Grand prize is a $100 Amazon gift certificate.

Cabin Fever in VT – Phone Photography Contest, Nov/Dec

Hope you enter. Should be fun!

 

Until tomorrow, my friends . . .

123 Signature

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. George looks rather content.....smiles

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I'm completely stunned that you took these photos on your phone camera! I love the one of George "marching" through the leaves :):)

abb said...

If you have "the eye" it really doesn't matter what "camera" you use. Loverly as always!

Country Gal said...

I'm with TSannie on that one ! it makes it a lot easier then lugging around a big camera . Awesome photos as usual. I am soo glad all is going well for you and hubby , it shows in your writings and posts that you are happy. Have a wonderful evening , oh Miggy sends kisses to Georgey porgey .

(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

I love my phone camera too.... and my little Pansonic point and shoot!
I'm so glad that your DH is doing better physically.... I hope his sadness eases soon!
Grace

Reena said...

You always have a good eye to capture the moment! What a lovely walk and Lucky George!

becky up the hill said...

I love your phone photo's. Your driveway photo a few days ago, so beautiful. I've always had a 'thang' for driveways and lanes that lead to a home. To much 'Rebecca' maybe..ha. Hope you have some help with all those leaves..goodness sakes.

Cloudia said...

crunching through the leaves. yes, i miss that. Loved George running . . .


a photo is still 'uncooked' if it hasn't been Picassa-ed! (I'm a cheap date)



Aloha, Hon
from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

Caroline said...

I never tire of your camera phone shots. These are amazing. And sometimes it's just nice not to lug a big camera around! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Bluebird49 said...

I love the pics with the fences in them--but the one of Mr. George strutting through his leaves-his domain--is priceless. And of course, the Mr. gets Pottery Barn down pillows! He deserves the best.:)

Unknown said...

I'm happy things are getting a little more back to normal for all of you. I love camera photos...they turn out really nice.

Mary said...

More beautiful pictures! I'm loving all the vintage processing here. It seems as though that phone is a vehicle for some new inspiration... Fun! And I'm thinking I would like a dog to take walks with, too... :). xoxo

Jeannelle said...

You'd better enter the contest...these photos are great!

Connie in Hartwood said...

You and your camera phone are a formidable pair! I actually gasped out loud at the image of your house through the trees. What a beautiful shot!! (We always love seeing George.)

Anonymous said...

So, did George request those pillows? Rowdy and Izzy have a brown furry one and another one that's also plain brown... totally washable. Need to buy another chair for the family room so I can buy a pillow I like for ME!

Great goodness, that path is FULL of leaves, isn't it? No camera phone here so no photo contest for me, but looks as though you are going to have a lot of fun with it.

The JR said...

I'm sure he appreciates the new pillows. That phone does a good job.

Joanne said...

What a pretty rainfall to see ... falling leaves! Looks like a perfect Autumn day was had by all, George included!

Daryl said...

I never seem to be able to upload to Flickr ..

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I am loving your phone photography - especially that first image :-)

Oh, and George prancing through golden leaves ~

Jan's camera said...

Hi, Kate, I can never get enough of the iPhone photos. It is the reason that I bought my iPhone. I particularly love the photos of George romping through the leaves, that beautiful house and George napping with his new pillows.

mrs mediocrity said...

oh, i love them all... yes, almost all the leaves are down here now, too. but it was a lovely warm weekend.

Deb said...

those are great photos who would have thought you could get such good photos with a phone...

GailO said...

I almost always just take my iphone with me on my daily walks now...sometimes I bring my old G9 that fits in a pocket tho. The phones are FUN! Can't wait to upgrade my camera...I mean phone...when my contract comes up in Jan:) Not sure what apps can be used on droids but I have fun with 100cameras, hipstamatic, camera+ just to name a few...

Kay said...

I'm so glad to know we aren't the only ones that have a pillow for our dog! Love the photos.

Promosyon said...

What a pretty rainfall to see. No camera phone here so no photo contest for me, but looks as though you are going to have a lot of fun with it. I'm loving all the vintage processing here.

Oz Girl said...

I believe I've heard that hipstamatic is a widely used app on the iPhones, and I was wondering what might be a good app for the Droids, since that's what I recently got... I'll have to download the Be Funky app and try it out!

I agree with you, it gets tiring sometimes dragging the big camera around, so I'll have to play with my phone camera more to see what it's capable of. I haven't done too much of that yet. :-)

Fantastic photos here Kate, as always, but even more so knowing that your phone captured them... love the piccie of George in front of the house, just gorgeous!

Kissed-by-the-Wind said...

Finaly get to leave a comment. wonderful pics and I love George.

Lili said...

It's almost magical how you can take those lovely photos with your iphone and still have that lovely Kate style that shows up in every one of them. xoxo ~Lili