Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Show me the way to go home

Dang, I got nuthin' tonight, I'll tellya. I just spent three hours working on photos from this year's Alumni Banquet and set up a Photobucket account for the school. My friend, Katie, who's the editor of the Alumni Newsletter is working on a deadline for the quarterly newsletter and needed the pics. And just before that, I took George for an hour long walk after dinner and I am just plain tired. TIRED, I tellya. And I think my retinas are burning from staring google-eyed into the computer for so long.
So I'll leave you with this thought . . .
Show me the way to go home . . .
I'm tired and I want to go to bed . . .
I had a little drink about an hour ago,
and it went right to my head.
Now quick, name the movie this song was sung in. You all should know this. It's a classic.
And oh, Rich . . . I don't wanna hear how short this post is. And you'd better have left me one of those mini cupcakes from Bing's. The chocolate one. With the coconut sprinkles. I think I'll dream about it tonight.
Until tomorrow, my friends.
UPDATE: Pat-An Arkansas Stamper was the first to tell us the name of the movie in which this song was sung. Say that three times real fast, willya? Yes, Pat, it was JAWS. They were in the boat, it was at night, they'd had a few drinks and had shown each other their scars and told stories. Then they sang this song and all hell broke loose.
~ C.G.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

here, have one of my Martini's. SuperGuy learned how to make them...and they are SO good. I'm tired and I wanna go to bed too...

becky up the hill said...

LOL..for some reason that song was sung to my sisters and I as practically a lulabye..from our tea-totaling Bible toting Mama. I know all the verses..but not the movie it came from!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Well, I don't know that I'd describe "Jaws" as a classic, but it was sung in that movie (1975). The song has been around for a long, long time.

abb said...

Very good, Pat - I cheated so I know you're correct! OOps - I shouldn't do that!

Kate, your photos have not lost one bit of their omph!

Country Girl said...

What? Jaws not a classic? Aw, come on. But you're right, Pat! It was sung in the galley at night after some drinking right before the boat got rammed for the first time.

~ C.G.

Mental P Mama said...

Jaws is most definitely a classic. Gah. Beautiful shots...are you settling in?

Anonymous said...

Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day. :)

Egghead said...

Jaws! Actually the only music I remember about that movie is the music that was played as the shark was about to attack. Creepy.

Shimmy Mom said...

Even when you're tired and don't have any ideas you posts are great. Which is why I chose you for an award click over to my site to get it!
Have a great day! *hugs*
Shimmy

MAYBELLINE said...

Don't know what movie; but our family would sing that as kids when we were out on long walks...only 3 TV channels.

Keetha said...

Wow. Jaws? Seriously? I never would have guessed that. And I think I'm up on my pop culture.