Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Greetings from Pennsylvania: Where the grass is green and the internet is fast!

Wow! I say that because I haven't had internet since last Wednesday evening and haven't been able to check my mail at work since Thursday. Well, until today. I went into my e-mail account and couldn't believe how much I had. So I let it go until I got home to my new Verizon FiOS and well, WOW is all I can say at the moment. It's amazing.
We survived the move and, in fact, it went rather smoothly. We went under budget with the moving company because we had so much done before they got there, like bringing down the boxes from upstairs and the basement to avoid their using the steps too much. So, it was worth it.
I'm writing from the living room of our new home, which is almost set up. There aren't any curtains in here, but we don't need them really. Only the deer would see us on this side of the house.
Before I go any further, I want to publicly thank both Adrienne and Bobby for all the help they gave us on moving day and Saturday. Here they are in the picture on the right. I don't think we could have done it without you two. Well, we could have, but it would have been really really bad. A big thanks also goes to my sister, Charlotte, who came out Monday and helped me with windows and turning a room full of boxes and crap into an actual guest room, complete with a made bed, sparkling clear windows and curtains. Thanks, my sistah!
Hey, while I'm at it, thanks to all of you, my readers, whose prayers and well-wishes went a long way to helping me ease into this new life of ours. My husband started work on Monday and so far, so good. I believe in the power of prayer, and after I did those auto-posts last week, I concentrated on moving and packing and you know what? It went really smooth. From reading your comments, I think it was because I had so many people praying for me!
You might be surprised to find out that I have hardly taken any pictures since I've been here. I have just been so busy trying to get this place into shape. Most of the pictures on this post wewe taken on the evening of moving day (Friday), just after dinner. My husband and I took Adrienne and Bobby on a little walk around the new farm and it truly is beautiful.
I took the last 2 pictures just now because I wanted you to see what it looks like out my windows here. The one above is the view towards the road and the one below is from one of the doors looking towards the barn.
Sorry I can't say much more just now. I've had a super busy day, with work and having to stop by the old place to get a couple of things we inadvertently missed. It's a half hour drive from work and then an hour drive back north to this place. While there, I also picked a bunch of vegetables from the garden we had to leave. Gotta go now. I've got a curtain rod to hang in my bedroom!

26 comments:

gail said...

Now we're neighbors, hello!

Shimmy Mom said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so happy that you're getting settled in and that you had help. Can't wait to hear and see more. I'm so happy for you.
*hugs* Shimmy Mom

Pat - Arkansas said...

Your new home is in a lovely place. Thanks for sharing a few photos. How did George take the move? He (and you, when the time is right) will have lots of exploring to do.

Blessings on you as you continue to settle in.

Anonymous said...

I know this has been a stressful time for you, but it looks like you are in a perfect spot to do some major healing. There's so much to love about Pennsylvania. Here's wishing you an amazing new life there. (I keep thinking about how picturesque those trees surrounding your new home will be with a heavy coat of snow!)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

It's great to see your recent post...and thanks MUCH for the sweet comment you left on my blog. My husband commutes from Georgia to Pennsylvania every week. I don't know how far you live from Pittsburgh, but perhaps someday we could meet in person. That would be great! Your new home looks positively lovely, Kate. Best wishes to you, hubs, and George as you get settled into your new surroundings. You're in my constant thoughts and prayers.

Marchelle said...

it looks beautiful! glad you're getting all settled in.

olivia said...

Awesome possum! Looks absolutely lovely there ... happy to read that the move went well!

Mental P Mama said...

So happy for you all. I bet George is going to love exploring his new digs. So glad everything is working out! i am continuing to send good thoughts...

tj said...

...Hello Kate! Gosh, it seems this farm is kind of prettier than the other one if that is even possible...lol :o) Of course, I have a soft spot in my heart for Pennsylvania anyway... ;o)

...Blessings in your new home... :o)

Hilary said...

I'm happy for you, Kate. Things DO have a way of working out. George looks pretty pleased with the place too. :)

abb said...

Oh Kate - things really do work out for the better...
Your new digs look to be just lovely. Will you be able to keep your old job?

Can't wait for you to begin exploring with camera in hand!

MAYBELLINE said...

Lovely

Pony Girl said...

Home sweet home! There are always good things about moving, despite all of the work!
Enjoy the high speed- weeeee!!!

dlyn said...

And now you are closer to where I live - perhaps a meet-up someday? It does look lovely there and I pray [still :)] that adjustment to life there goes smoothly. Did I read that right? You still get to keep your job too?

And look at you - it is time to update the Front Door/Back Door meme and you already did it!

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that you are all settled and ready to go. Some of your pictures did not show up on my computer but I am sure they are lovely. I am looking forward to your post about your new home!

Anonymous said...

So very happy for you! :)

Treasia Stepp said...

So happy to hear the move went well and you both had some help with it. George I bet is extremely happy exploring around his new home. Can't wait to read more and see pictures of the new surroundings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. I'm so happy for you!

Jo said...

Kate, it looks wonderful. I am soooo happy for you. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your new life.

I have started up a new blog. If you click on the link here, it will take you to it. It will take some time to get it set up again, but I hope you will visit me.

Congratulations on your new life!

Country Girl said...

I used to have so much time for my pictures and photoshop and blogging. However, at the moment, NOT SO MUCH.

Thanks to all who have left comments. I'm just trying to get this place up and running and keep on keeping on.

~ C.G.

Egghead said...

I am so happy you are settling in and the pictures of the new place look lovely. In a month or so you will wonder where this busy time went to. Enjoy your new home.

Leslie: said...

I've been so busy lately with out of country visitors and such that I didn't even realise all this was going on! But! I'm so glad everything worked out and for the best. Even though you're living in a different state, are you still going to work in the same place? I'm a bit confused there. :D

Dr.John said...

Glad to see that things are working out for you. It looks like a great place.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to lots of pictures of your new home when you get time to breathe. Hope George is aclimating OK..

Anonymous said...

Oh wowwie! PA! I wonder how far Philly is to my hubby's family? We're going on vacation next week to Franklin, PA area. I'd die if we were close enough to meet up!

Off to GoogleMaps!

Oh... and congrats on finding a new job and home quickly! That's some major God-moving miracle working there! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh dang! Philly is over 5 hours from Franklin. Ah well! Well, at least we are a bit closer! :D