Monday, July 7, 2008

Black-Eyed Susans waking up

I got up early this morning, after hearing crashing in the upstairs hallway. It was my husband and he said he was sorry to wake me, but he really needed to get the attic cleaned out before it got too hot and muggy today. Go figure.
I got up and looked out the window and was met with a muggy grey sky. I went downstairs to get my coffee and took it on the front porch and enjoyed the beautiful view. Then I walked around the front of the house and found that the Black-Eyed Susans were waking up, too. I thought they looked really interesting, so I went inside and put the macro lens on.
I think they look so different now from the flower they'll soon turn out to be and thought I'd share them with you this morning. Doesn't this last one look like a little basket weave pattern? I've got another picture of them on my Photo Blog, A Picture A Day. Have you seen it yet?

12 comments:

abb said...

They remind me of shy little girls.

Such wonderful photos you take, Kate.

Mary said...

They are beautiful, Kate. So full of promise, just waiting to become something even more lovely...

Love your new blog!
xoox,
mary

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

These are lovely, Kate. Our landscaper planted Black Eyed Susans around our pool but only a couple survived the late fall planting. Ours don't look as healthy as yours. So, this is what ours are supposed to look like? Ha! Not even close!

I hope you work out whatever is on your mind. You know how to reach me if you need to "talk". Take care...

Shimmy Mom said...

What fun shots. I love the other blog too btw.

tj said...

...hee,hee...Love these shots! They look like they're getting ready to stretch. You can almost hear, "yawwwwn", "*smack*smack*smack*"(that's Black Eyed Susan smackin' her lips)...lol ;o)

...Your photography is just amazing! You have the gift, that's for sure! :o)

...Blessings...

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Wow, what gorgeous photography! I'm impressed. I'm also very nostalgic for my grandparent's farm! We used to go out and pick blackberries, and I used to put black-eyed Susans in my braids. How I loved summers on the farm!

Anonymous said...

No, that's okay. Rub it in. More macro photography. Especially since I got my tiny taste of it this weekend.

Hey, your photography blog is GRAND!

Dr.John said...

One of nature's craft projects. Loved the pictures.

Country Girl said...

Hey, thanks everyone. Yes, come to think of it, they do look like shy girls.

Welcome to Rosezilla. Good to see you stop by here, and thank you!

~ C.G.

PS - Debra, it's ok. Honest.

Train Wreck said...

Beautiful! There are several flowers and plants that "sleep" like that! You must have no bugs! I never see any "bug bites" on your flowers Or do you have the bug repellant "photoshop!" He! He!

Anonymous said...

This so makes me yearn for a macro lens and of course a new camera as well. I love these.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, very unique captures of the Black-eyed Susans! They appear bandaged.