Monday, April 21, 2008

What's up with Blogger tonight?

To everyone who uses Blogger, I have a question for you. Have you ever posted something, and it disappeared from your page? Today, I posted "Turtles and Swamp-rot: Perfect together" and yes, I know it sounds yucky, but it was here, right in this space. In fact, it's still on my 'edit posts' list, I have comments on it, but it's not here. It has the correct date on it, so it's not that. And also, if you're on this page and you can't see it, you can search for turtle within the blog (at the top left) and lo and behold, it will appear. This is the first time this has happened to me and I don't understand it. Also, after my page loads, I notice that some of the comments say zero (0), when in fact, there are plenty of comments. That, too, is in my 'edit posts' section and my e-mail is full of comments. Any thoughts on this? I think Blogger is getting me back because it knows I am soon defecting to Word Press. Now I've gone and done it by saying it out loud. But honestly, Blogger, you are Jamaican me crazy.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I can see the turtle post. I'm sure you've already tried hitting refresh on your blog page and (perhaps) clearing your cache. Those are the only two things I'd suggest

dlyn said...

I can see the turtle post too Kate.

Country Girl said...

I know. I called a couple of friends and they can see it, too. I've tried re-booting and all refresh, too.

Thanks!

~ C.G.

Anonymous said...

blogger is just so irritating, isn't it? The thing that bugs me about it, is I have to type in my name and URL every time I comment. On each blog. Now I like my name as well as the next person, but I get really tired of entering the info again and again. Hello? Computer age! Save our info like Wordpress does!

Country Girl said...

Thanks, Jen! I cleared my cache and rebooted afterwards and all is well.

And Kacey, I totally agree. I had so many people tell me that they loved your polling tool and I've heard good things about Word Press lately, so I've decided to take the plunge. It should happen within a couple of weeks. I'll keep this site here with directions to the new site.

~ C.G.

emily said...

jamaican me crazy is the best ben n jerry's flavor. chunky pineapple sorbet with passionfruit swirl. yum yum.

Anonymous said...

I think it may have just happened to me! Well I noticed a bunch of typos in my last attempt just as I hit publish. Long story short... go with wordpress, even better... get your own site and run wordpress on it!