Saturday, April 12, 2008

There's one in every crowd

Over the years I've spent living near them, I've come to the conclusion that horses are like people in a lot of ways. Some broodmares, in particular, are very ladylike. And others are, how shall we say, not-so-much. Take, for example, this little scene I came upon the other day.

Here we have young George, a sweet and gentle puppy, just minding his own business.

When up walks Ms. Grey Broodmare, wondering what the black and white is doing at her favorite itching post.
"Yeah, sonny boy, watch yer eyes there now.
Ah gots me some scratchin' ta do."
"Hey, little one, stick next to yer momma here now. While ah. Ah . . .
Oh, yeah. There. Yeah. Right there. Oh, yeah baby."
(I cannot stand when they speak in this manner. I want to go over and cover George's ears.)
"Oh, yeah, mah achey breakey ass.
Yeah, oh daddy. Right there. Oo. Ooo. Ooo."
"This is gotta be the best damn post I ever had. Wow, whattapost. Yeah. Oh, yeah."
(This is enough to make me sick. Yet she continues her bleating song.)
Hot damn. That was a good'un. Yeah. Oh, yeah daddy. Now where's that youngun' o mine?
(The stuff you hear on this farm. My ears are burning.)
And George covered his ears on his own.
Disclaimer: No prescription drugs were used during the writing of this post.

10 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

What a cute post and such cute pictures. George is all red faced I can tell.

Russell said...

I am still laughing!! So, so good!! You should send this off to some farm, ranch or horse magazine (and there are a ton of them!). I guarantee some editor would snatch this up in a heartbeat and publish it! Well, okay, she might edit it a little bit, but....!

Thanks for making my day start off with a laugh!

Anonymous said...

You are a nut!

Tracey ;)

emily said...

wow.

Mental P Mama said...

I want George to come visit us! Love him!

Jo said...

*chuckle*

Jeannelle said...

Very good!! I love George's "hear no evil, see no evil" pose.....or is he asleep??

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm not sure I believe you on the no drugs used on that post!

George is so cute, as we all know. I sure hope he's not getting corrupted...

Pat - Arkansas said...

Thanks for the belly laughs,
and the awe-inspiring photographs.
I just discovered your blog from a link in the comments at Pioneer Woman, and am loving it! I'll be back!

Country Girl said...

Welcome to Pat from Arkansas. I love Pioneer Woman's site, don't you?

Thanks everyone. Some of these broodmares are just oh, so unladylike!

~ C.G.