Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Me and Bobby McGee

Once again, I have been tagged with a meme. This particular meme, however, is getting way too personal for my taste, so I'm keeping it brief. I don't want to say too much, you know.

It's a meme about your significant other and I've been tagged by my good friend, Tammy, at The Color of Home. Now, don't get too excited. I'm just warning you . . .


How long have you been together?

Since 1976. We were both 19 years old.

How old is he?

He's 51. He looks much younger.

Who said ‘I love you’ first?

I honestly can't even remember.

Who is taller?

He is.

Who is smarter?

He is. But only about some things. Well, okay, most things.

Who does the laundry?

We both do.

Who does the dishes?

We both do. But he'll tell you that he does. Honestly, I did them for the past 28 years. I think he can do some now, don't you?

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?

He does. I like my side. It's on the left.

Who pays the bills?

We both have sets of bills that we pay.

Who mows the lawn?

He does, but years ago, I did. He taught me how to use a riding mower when I was in my early 30's. I was afraid of it at first, but then I fell in love with big machinery. And I was quite adept at using the big riding mowers on the horse farms we've lived.

Who cooks dinner?

Him. Always. Unless I do. Which is rare. I get the take out on Friday nights. That's my job.

Who asked who out?

If I can't even remember who said I love you first, how could you expect me to remember this?

(He did)

Who proposed?

We both decided to marry. I mean, we already had two children, so it was the next step, I guess. You're not sure whether or not I'm kidding about this, aren't you? Ha! you'll never know!

Who is more sensitive?

Not me. That's who.


And now I know I'm supposed to tag people, so this time I'm going to tag Dlyn, Mental P, TS Annie. But I'm not going to tell them. Let's just let it be a surprise.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, the things we finally learn about you...

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I love it! I got married at 19... sometimes it just WORKS! :)

Shimmy Mom said...

What fun info. I got married when I was 19 too and I've never regretted it.

Mental P Mama said...

ikes

Anonymous said...

I don't do the cooking either! When we first started dating, I tried to pitch in every once in a while... now I just abide by the family rule of "Whoever cooks doesn't do dishes." He's happy and I'm happy. It all works out.

Treasia Stepp said...

It's nice to see another couple who shares in the housework.

abb said...

hmmmmm....and my answers will be....

Mary said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not tagging me! LOL
xoxo,
Mary
Oh, and I love it that he cooks!

Country Girl said...

Mary, you're hilarious. Don't worry, I won't tag you UNLESS it's a photo tag. How 'bout one of them?

Shimmy and Beth, nice to know we're in sort of a club now!

Thanks all.

~ C.G.

dlyn said...

Great answers K - and bless you for tagging me - I am really needing a fast post for today. I never mind getting tagged. You can go see my answers in a an hour or so.

Dr.John said...

Sounds like a marriage that will last.

olivia said...

Beautiful colour for a beautiful post ... :)

(And lol-ing at what Mary above posted ... hehe)

brneyedgal967 said...

Thank you for humoring me. Sounds like you have quite the keeper there. Of course, he does to. And the part about big machinery... I think someday I'll get into that too.

tj said...

...Aww, what a cute post. It's like we got a lil' glimpse into the life of the famed country girl! ;o)

...Gosh, I've got some catching up to do! I've been gardening and spring cleaning and I see I've missed a lot of activity here - you're a lean mean bloggin' machine! lol... :o)

...Blessings...