Sunday, February 17, 2008

Full of surprises

Late yesterday afternoon, while I was on the computer playing with b&w photos and working on a post, my husband was busy with something outside. I figured he was picking up puppy toys and straightening up out there. It was about 35 degrees, pretty warm actually, but the best part was there was no wind. The back of our house faces south, so it's nice and sunny on this side. Eventually, I looked outside and saw him sitting in one of the adirondak chairs over by the fence. Huh? And then I saw that he had built a nice fire. I love a campfire! So I got bundled up and poured a glass of chardonnay and before heading outside, changed the lens on my camera to the all-purpose one I use.
It was so nice to sit around the fire, watch the birds coming to the feeder, the horses and the sunset. I took some photos of the view over our garden to the neighboring farm, and the sunset. Really beautiful. I like when he surprises me like that. It's one of the reasons I love him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, I so miss that now, living in the city. We can't have our bonfires anymore. Sigh. I'm jealous. What with your fires and your macro lens...

Anonymous said...

I love it when women say nice things about their husbands. It looks so beautiful there.

Jeannelle said...

Yes, a campfire.....what a great idea! Fun to see your pictures and dream of snowless scenes!

Egghead said...

How sweet. My husband just had a fire going burning branches from a wind storm last night when I arrived home from work. There IS something about a fire and a lovely view and a good husband.