Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sunny Saturday Morning

This is a Tufted Titmouse with a seed in his beak (scientists call them bills). Our Audubon Field Guide book tells me that titmice are social birds, often joining with small mixed flocks of birds like chickadees, nuthatches and kinglets. They're not as tame as the chickadees, however. Believe me, I'm no expert. I just like looking at the little critters. And my husband has lots of books.

Saturday is cleaning day for me, but the early morning is for relaxing while having my coffee. The feeders across the yard are busy, but this one by the house, well, not so much. It's nice just sitting by my sliding glass door with the camera and zoom lens set up, just waiting for the birds to come around. I can see our cat, Blackie, out on a fence post. George is underneath letting her know who (he thinks) is boss. The sun is shining on the cat's black fur and out past her, I can see the broodmares in the paddocks who have just finished their breakfast and are enjoying the morning sun as well.
See the post below if you'd like to play the Weekend Guessing Game. I hear it's difficult, so be warned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sight that must be. You are incredibly blessed.