Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rhyming. It's not just about timing.

Has anyone seen the movie, "The Princess Bride"? Do you remember the scene in the beginning where the two henchmen are on the pirate ship; they're just about to kidnap the princess (Robin Wright-Penn, soon to get divorced from Sean), and they're conversing with each other in rhymes? Every sentence they say ends with a rhyme. It's incredible that they can keep this up, but they do. And they continue to speak in this manner until their leader (In-con-ceiv-able!) tells them to "STOP RHYMING!" It's one of my favorite parts of the movie.
My husband enjoys rhyming. He partly does it to entertain himself, and he partly does it to annoy me and have a little fun. I groan when he starts, because he can and will go on for hours. There are so many words that rhyme with French whore, which is his favorite combination for some odd reason. I think it may be his favorite because, well, a lot of words rhyme with that second one, so that's probably it.
Valentine's Day is coming, and this year I'm going to surprise my husband with a personalized poem. I found a poet through a link from this blog recently. So I e-mailed for pricing information and ended up hiring her. It only cost $15 with my first-time customer discount. She will create a personalized poem for your sweetie, using information that you provide. She put mine on a cream-colored card and I'm going to add one of my photographs to the front of the it. Yeah, I know, I'm a hopeless romantic. I can't help it. But I think he's going to like it.
So when he starts going again on the rhyming, I'll pretend to be annoyed like I always do. What he doesn't know is that I actually don't mind it in the least, because I'm lucky to still have him.
So don't tell him. It doesn't really drive me as crazy as I pretend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so special. I'm sure he will appreciate you thoughtfulness...more than you will ever know. I'm trying to think of something extra special for Valentine's day this year. It's a little challanging when your husband is in Iraq!:(

Anonymous said...

Kate, love the new border with all the pictures on the left. I like that alot. "Princess Diaries", one of my most favorite movies...anybody want a peanut, I love that part when Andre' the giant says it. You are so clever.

To Alisa, sorry to hear your husband is in Iraq. Wishing you and your family the best.

Love,

Fave Babe

Anonymous said...

What a cool gift idea! I bet he'll love it. (great flower pic, btw)

I love it when I can come up with just the right gift. Especially if it doesn't cost much.

brneyedgal967 said...

Hey you french whore
YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED so we can know more
About you and the quirks you have
So read my rules and ... shit...

I'm no poet. *chuckle*

You're probably familiar with meme's, if not stop by my site and read the rules and get going!

Cheers,
Tammy
http://thecolorofhome.blogspot.com

Country Girl said...

OMG. I opened my mail at school this morning and found the comment from Tammy (above) and laughed out loud. I am so busy at work today and don't have time to do any of this, and I loathe tagging people, but I will step up to the plate and attempt to take on this massive undertaking.

Oh, and BTW, I cannot believe the sacrilege you committed to PW's pic on your blog, you hussy! Really hilarious.

Fave Little Sis, did I say the Princess Diaries? I meant the Princess Bride. But you got it right with Andre the Giant. And thanks to you (and Kacey) for the compliments on the pix.

Alisa, we're all praying for Steven. You're addicted to this blog now, aren't you? Sorry about that!

~C.G.

brneyedgal967 said...

I am going to hell for vandalizing P-Dub's picture. *sigh*

I'm still laughing about the french whore phrase ... I am going to steal it and start calling my girlfriends that. They've been called worse. I keep bad company.

Which is why I won't be lonely in hell.

*chuckle*

Tammy