Friday, January 11, 2008

Let's go out on a limb here

It's a rainy evening and I wasn't feeling all that great today. It's just a cold, but it's left me tired and bereft of my usual cheerfulness. The absorbent puppy has long since given up trying to get me to play, and my husband (bless him) made me soup and biscuits for dinner. But the best thing is what we're watching on TV, because it's not the usual. We've got the BBC on the telly (sorry, I tend to get into Brit-speak when the BBC is on) and we've got it tuned to a show I find it hard to admit I love.
Alright, I'll go out on a limb here. But don't laugh. It's Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.
I told you not to laugh! I just love the idea of taking a restaurant that is *bleep*ing awful and turning it into a work of art. I can't stand watching Chef Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen, but I really enjoy this show. I'm just happy that we're not watching the news, and I'm feeling a little bit better just being taken care of. It's really nice having someone around that cares about you, isn't it?
This is a Tufted Titmouse that I took a few weeks ago while we were having a bit of a warm spell. I sat on my back porch with my zoom lens and managed to get a couple of shots. It's cheering just looking at the little fellow. So here's to a better tomorrow, then.

4 comments:

Gourmama said...

Great photos on your site!!

Anonymous said...

Kate, sorry you aren't well. I love the bird photo. I remember when you took this. It's one of your first with the new cam.

I love the absorbent puppy. How funny.

Feel better.

Love, your favorite baby sis.

Anonymous said...

Cute bird.
My head felt muddled yesterday too. I hate that.

Your other fav sister?

Sandy said...

I hope you feel better soon. I saw your comment over at Junebugs and thought I'd pop over for a look. I absolutely love the "absorbent puppy". That is exactly what they are...thanks for the smile.