Friday, January 25, 2008

It's Here! Weekend Guessing Game #3

Welcome to the Weekend Guessing Game where you guess what you think this picture is. It is 'of the earth' and that's your only clue. I think it's ridiculously easy, but that's just me (and because I already know what it is). I tried it on my husband and he didn't know what it was until I showed him the whole picture.
Beginning now and ending tomorrow . . . that's Saturday at 6 PM, try to guess what this is a picture of. First one to come up with the correct answer is the winner. If you think you see your answer posted already, go ahead and say it anyway. Go with your gut on this one.
Special note to Anonymous voters: If you're commenting "anonymously", please leave something that indicates your uniqueness. You can leave your first name, or your initials, or your nickname, or you could even get a blogger account (it's easy and quick). So put your thinking caps on and get to work on this one.
For me, I'm sitting back with a glass of my current favorite chardonnay, Frei Brothers Reserve. I had some lovely sushi for dinner tonight and I'm happier than I've been all day. The weekend is here! Rejoice!

14 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

Wow. Tough. It looks to me like it's some kind of dried stalk. I can't be any more specific than that. I don't think it's wood or bone. I do think it is some type of a segmented plant stalk.

Thanks.

http://thecolorofhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

mushroom

Anonymous said...

I think it's a cornstalk. Great picture Kate!!

Anonymous said...

A bone from a dead animal?

Sorry to be so gross.

C.J.

Anonymous said...

fence post

Anonymous said...

horse hoof

Anonymous said...

OK, so I take horse hoof back, that wouldn't be "of the earth"

Anonymous said...

OH man this is hard! I was going to say mushroom too but I don't think that is it.

Looks like something wooden... maybe "really fav sis" is right... maybe it is a fence post.

I suck at these games. LOL

Anonymous said...

You know what... I take fence post back...

I have no clue! LOL

Still thinking...

Anonymous said...

Is that a reed of grass all dried up?
Love your photos by the way. Especially of the birds & horses. You are a very lucky gal!!

Country Girl said...

Thanks, geeber. It's always nice to hear.

~C.G.

Anonymous said...

dried bamboo stalk

Minna Dyer said...

It would be interesting if you showed the whole photo when you unveil the answer.

I say mushroom as well.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh,, I think acolrn's right. a bamboo pole or stalk.