Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting to know me . . . getting to know all about me . . .

Since I've been enjoying the wonderful world of blogging, I've 'met' a few people and we've been visiting each other's sites and leaving comments. I picked this up from a site yesterday and thought I'd post it and let it fly. I wrote the answers on Sunday.
1. If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say? That would be impossible. You've got your test results mixed up. *Gulp*
2. When was the last time you flew in a plane? August of 2006 when I went out to California to help with my mother, who was dying. Sigh . . .
3. What did the last text message you sent say?" I am so bummed that I disappointed you. I'm going to stay home and knit and look at the birds. I'm sorry and I love you. ~To my friend Warren, who I was supposed to see today. (Don't get any ideas. We've been friends forever).
4. What features do you find most attractive in the preferred sex? It's not so much the features, but I've always preferred an outdoors, rugged type of guy. A guy who can fix stuff and looks good in jeans and a t-shirt. You know the type. You give them a q-tip and they can go out in the jungle and build a shopping mall. (Anne Heche to Harrison Ford in Six Days, Seven Nights)
5. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future? I would like my photography to improve.
6. Shoe size? Why? Why do you need to know? Are you planning on buying me a pair of shoes? Because if you're not, it's rather a moot point, don't you think? Unless you have a pair of size 9's you'd like to share with me. Oops!
7. Been to Mexico? No, but I had a dream the other night that I was held up and robbed by banditos. Luckily, there were Fritos and plenty of Pico de Gallo. I love when I have food dreams.
8. When is the last time you had a massage? I don't think I've ever had a real massage. I had a dream about one, though .. .
9. What was the last TV show you watched? I'm watching golf right now. That's a TV show, right? Other than that, I'm holding out until later this week when Lost returns.
10. What are your plans for the weekend? I've accomplished my plans. They were to clean, to grocery shop with my husband, to visit friends (unfortunately, I did not accomplish that one) and to relax.
11. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say? I'd have to think about it. Then I'd say "psyche! yes!"
12. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Nothing but a blanket on the seat for George. And a doggie toy. The one especially for the car ride.
13. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Surprisingly, I was still asleep. I think I was dreaming of fritos (see #7).
14. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be? Well, if he wasn't married, I'd be interested in Bruce (Springsteen), but would probably marry Tom Hanks.
15. Have you ever been to a strip club? Uh, no. I'm just not into that.
16. What is the best ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry's Light Phish Food. OMG.
17. What is the last sporting event you watched? I'm watching PGA golf right now and earlier was watching extreme winter sports with contestants younger than my own kids. Sigh . . .
18. Ever go camping? I can camp with the best of them, except lately am into more comfort than my prior life of backpacking could offer. I love camping.
19. Last phone call? From youngest son who wanted us to co-sign a rental lease with him. I've been agonizing about it all day. Let's not talk about it.
20. Are you allergic to anything? Not that I know of.
21. What is one thing you have learned about life recently? That it can all be over in a flash, so appreciate what you have while you have it. That people can change. For the better.
22. What do you do at work? I help to run a K-12 private school. I like helping people, especially the children.
23. What is your mom's name? My mother's name was Charlotte. It's a unique and beautiful name. I have a sister named Charlotte as well. She is unique and beautiful as well.
24. Ever cried for no reason? Nah, not recently. I'm not really a crybaby. It pisses me off when I cry.
25. Can you do the Crank Dat dance? Yeah, baby. It's why I always get invited to chaperone the school dances. Not really.
26. What is your favorite color to wear? Brown or green. I'm the earthy type.
27. What is the longest plane ride you have ever been on? Baltimore to Vegas. My youngest sister got married out there. Chuck Norris came to the wedding. Seriously. I need to post about that one.
28. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken? From here (Maryland) to Maine. About 16 hours, but I love the Maine coast. So it's worth it.
29. What are your turn-offs? People who are mean to their children. Rudeness. Sloppiness.
30. What was your last alcoholic beverage? A chardonnay from the Russian River Valley in Calif.
31. What are you craving right now? Actually, nothing. I'm pretty ok right now.
Bloggers: Copy and paste, answering the questions and send as a link to this post under comments. Have fun with it! ~C.G.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was Chuck Norris an actual wedding guest at your sister's wedding? This is interesting.

--C.J.

brneyedgal967 said...

Charlotte is a beautiful name. Reading Charlotte's Web as a kid, I thought that was about the fanciest name I had ever heard, besides Monique.

Aren't Q&A's fun? :-)

Anonymous said...

Held up and robbed by Frito-eating banditos? Your dreams are pretty funny.

And I love Phish Food ice cream, too.

Saw your comment at PW's site and thought I'd come see who you were. Hey, I like your photos a lot. The little chickadee one is awesome. Keep posting! I'll be back for more.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I thought I'd participate, too. :)
http://hoguechronicle.com/misc/409/

Country Girl said...

Yes, Chuck Norris was at my sister's wedding, but he wasn't an invited guest. He actually crashed the wedding with his entourage. More on this later.

Charlotte is one of the best names EVER. It's so different. And old-fashioned. And lovely. It's all that and more.

Thanks for the comments everyone. And readers, please try to visit some of the other blogger sites. Some are really interesting!

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. Your photos are just stunning, and are inspiring me to save my shekels for a better camera!

Can't wait to hear about the wedding & Chuck Norris. I once stood next to Jessica Lange at a farm auction.