Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bird Watching

I have two reasons to keep the bird feeders filled around our home. One, of course, is to feed the hungry little birds. And the other is to capture them, if I'm lucky, for a photograph. This is a Black-capped Chickadee resting on a forsythia branch. I shot this with my zoom lens on a tripod through our sliding glass door. I'm really psyched about this shot.

I wish I had cleaned the sliding glass door beforehand, but it's a done deal now. Besides, you really can't even notice it.

The second photo is of a female Goldfinch in her winter plumage. She's got a seed in her mouth, too. I get pretty excited when I take a good photo of a bird because they're just so hard to come by sometimes. Plus you have to be patient. And patience is a virtue I have a tiny bit of trouble with.I've come a long way since my days of ignorance about our feathered friends. But that's another story.

6 comments:

tj said...

...Don't you just love those chickadees? They're so quick the way they flutter about... Love the photos - I never would've guessed you took them thru a glass door!
...Can't wait to see more photos of your farm! It looks beautiful there... :o)

...Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of the Black-capped Chickadee. I also try to take pictures of birds in beautiful east africa where I am living now.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! I know how fast those little suckers move about, so kudos for such a great shot. I LOVE looking at your bird pictures. Sliding glass door? What sliding glass door?

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots!!! If you hadn't said anything, I would never have known you shot it through a glass door. :P

Anonymous said...

wow, your bird shots are gorgeous! I'm having a run on Cardinal photos at our bird feeders. Great finch shot. I haven't been able to get one that close and detailed of the finches yet.

Lynette said...

If you go back to my blog and move your cursor over the counter you can connect to the site where I got mine. Lots of different options. There is a place where you copy the HTML (or whatever that techo stuff is)and then paste it into the layout section at the bottom on blogspot. I'm NOT computer savvy, so if I can do it, I'm sure you can.

P.S. Thanks for the complements...I have SOOOOO much to learn. I've just really been playing around without much knowledge.