Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Berries in Winter

I've been out walking around with my macro lens again. I took this photo and Photoshopped it just a little bit. First, I sharpened it up somewhat. Then, I adjusted the color balance with just a bit more red. Finally, I added a curves adjustment layer to put the border around it and then did a slight gausian blur around the edge. You can see what the original Straight Out of Camera shot is below. Everything I did took less than 3 minutes to accomplish. Not that I'm trying to rush it! But I really like the results. And this is fun. I love Photoshop.

4 comments:

Bruce: said...

Kate: Found your blog while surfing. Iy looks like you live in a wonderful location. I lived in MD a while. Married a MD girl in fact. I have been on the Eastern Shore, wonder if that is where you are located? We live in VA now. I have had a Nikon D70s for about 28 months now, and I am still learning. Spent a large part of my life with a film Nikon FTn (35 years or so) but this digital world is very different. Wish you the best of luck in your adventures with the camera. But you seem to have it down pretty well already! Bruce bwcatlett@comcast.net

Country Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by, Bruce and thanks for the compliments. I'm still learning, too, but am loving the digital world vs. film. I spent a small fortune at my local Ritz Camera shop in developing!

Minna Dyer said...

I know you said not to visit your blog, but how could I not after you told me not to!

You're doing great work, and you know more in Photoshop than I do. I only wish I had Photoshop.

I'll check in from time to time.

Lynette said...

Found you on Pioneer Woman..isn't she great? Love your photos...I'm just a budding (very early spring) photographer wanna-be. You are mighty talented!