Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside

On my walk yesterday, I stopped to say hello to this mare. She was sunning herself and seemed quite content.
Today I have a day off from work. Hopefully, I'll be able to have time to meet my son (my youngest) for lunch. He lives with friends, about a half hour north of here. I try to meet him about once a month for a meal. Our eldest son lives in NYC and I don't get to see him as much, but we keep in touch pretty often.
I started knitting a scarf for a friend. Maybe I'll take a picture of the project when it gets a little longer.
Oh, you didn't stop by here for the excitement, did you? Because I have the day off. And I'm taking a break from my exciting life and taking it easy today. Like this mare is doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of the horse. It's always good to take a break from excitement. Too much of it is not good. Like your site!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful mare. Wish we had horses... I'm glad I found your blog because I can live vicariously through you, though! :)

Country Girl said...

Live vicariously through me? Yikes! You'd better hold onto your boot straps, because my life is so full of excitement, it'll plumb wear you out!

Um, not really.